home about youtube links contact
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing...kissing a lot. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
Audrey Hepburn


Friday, January 17, 2014

Pre-Viva Fitness Check-in

So here we are, one more week closer to Viva.


I am happy to report that even with a small hiccup in the form of a weekend trip to Middle Tennessee .featuring tons of delicious food and homemade wine, I had no trouble getting back on track this Tuesday, when I returned home.

Food: I'm keeping my calorie goal at about 1600, which is what My Fitness Pal claims is ideal for maintaining my 129 lb weight. I am not currently compensating for burned calories by taking in any extra so if my workouts begin to result in weight loss, I may have to add another snack. I drink one Green Smoothie a day, using leafy greens like spinach and kale to increase my vegetable intake. I plan to purchase some protein powder this weekend because it's really the only thing my shakes are missing. I drink the smoothie at either breakfast or as an afternoon snack for an added energy boost. My meals focus on clean foods and I'm trying to keep them low in fat as well.

Exercise: I've increased my Wed-Fri workouts to 45 minutes each, to maintain my fat burning zone a little longer than previously. However, once a week (usually Tuesday)I still do the 30 minute 100's workout because I really think it is a great challenge to jumpstart the week. Mondays are busy for me so I force myself to walk or take a bike ride so that I am still doing something active.

Results: I have not yet lost any inches and am down from 131 to 129 lbs. I have noticed that my clothes fit tighter in my butt and I think that this is due to the squats and other leg exercises I've been doing. I don't anticipate it becoming a problem though since I am not working to 'build' and this increase is rather just a result of toning the area. I have always been known to have a square butt so a little roundness there can't be a bad thing!!

Til next time,
So Long, Dearies!!
xoxo
Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment