home about youtube links contact
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing...kissing a lot. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
Audrey Hepburn


Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Chignon Mignon"


After the Kim Kardashian request, I also received this photo, which is a still from a Hercule Poirot movie, I believe. It's just lovely and speaks of traipsing about the English countryside in tall leather boots and sniffing alot. I often think traipsing about the English countryside would involve sniffling. I could be wrong since I'll be the first to admit I'm not very well traveled. But I tend to curl up into a little ball when faced with lots of clouds and rain and it does seem as if there is alot of that going on in these movies. Anyway, if I were to take a walk through wet grass, this is just the hairstyle I'd like to be wearing. It's casual and easy, while at the same time very elegant.

It is a variation on a classic chignon, as is the photo I posted of Kim a couple of entries ago, but this one takes it a step farther and tends more towards a 'knotted' effect, than a 'rolled' one. Either method is lovely, so for my tutorial today (available on my youtube channel) I sort of did a combination of both. I kept the front smoothe and sleek but let the back do what it wished.

The greatest thing about a style like this is that the options with it are endless. For a casual or work hairstyle, keep the front loose (like the photo) and blousy. The rolls and knots are the only embelishment you need! For evening, try jeweled combs at the sides (where the twists are most prominent) or even floral combs would add some glamour. You can also keep with that floral theme and add a huge flower over one ear or find a saucy little pillbox hat to cover the flat portion of hair at the crown. So many variations here!

Keep in mind that for a look like this, jewelry should be understated, so as not to take away from the elaborate look of the 'coils' and if you are blonde, the look will be even more eye-catching, since the details will be more visible.

I hope you all try this one out and let me know how it goes for you!

2 comments:

My Passport to Style said...

Hi again, sooo elegant.x Must invite you to my Halloween Ball over @ My Passport To Style! Sharon xxoo

BWK Art said...

Thank you so much for doing this request. (I couldn't help chuckle about the sniffing part! We do a lot of walking about and sniffing here too in rural Nova Scotia, so this hairstyle will fit in well. heheh!) I've loved this look for a long time, and to see a tutorial of it, is VERY exciting! :) I can't wait to try it, but wait I must....I need to grow out the locks, first! Thanks again. xo

Post a Comment