home about youtube links contact
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing...kissing a lot. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
Audrey Hepburn


Friday, September 18, 2009

Updatey-kins...


Thanks to all you lovely people, my youtube channel soared to over 4,000 subscribers this past weekend! It's awfully nice of you to watch my carryings-on and I appreciate it. I can't help but think it is partly due to all you nice viewers who posted my review of Lauren's book on their Twitter and Facebook pages. So thanks again! I owe ya one...and hopefully Lauren has seen a few sales due to our 'networking'.

Over the past few weeks, I've been contacted by several companies who wish to promote their product through my channel. Some I have declined, some I have wholeheartedly accepted. If it's a product I already use, that's a no brainer (like my Besame lipstick review from yesterday). But occasionally, I'm contacted by people whose product I am not interested in, or whose product I don't feel would appeal to my audience. Also, I have no interest in promoting product from huge 800 pound elephants (like MAC) who certainly don't need my assistance. So hopefully, I'll be able to continue to bring your attention to 'little fellas' who deserve some extra support...and who are on their way up! Therefore, if you see something you like...send some business their way, if you can! And feel free to alert me to Etsy shops or small product companies that you'd like to see featured on LisaFreemontStreet. Much thanks in advance, for that.

Tutorial-wise, I'm planning an edgy pin up look (similar to my Psychobilly one) with an original makeup look to go along with it. Also, I'm going to tackle the authentic pageboy, using techniques from a 1940's styling book I received recently. So I hope all of you tune in for that.

I'm still looking forward to the release of the Vintage Lifestyle Magazine that I mentioned in a prior post. The how-to feature that was contributed by myself is ready for action! Unfortunately, the pilot issue has been moved back to January or February of 2010. But I'll keep you posted on its progress as well.

Lastly, you may have noted that I did not devote a blog entry to my last two 'Starlets', Julie Christie and Michelle Pfeiffer. No reason except lack of time...and the momentum has since, died. So I don't think I'll be doing it after all. No loss of love for those two ladies...just not as passionate about their biographies as I was my prior gals. If your curiosity is just killing you, feel free to google the heck out of them!

Until next time, 'So long, dearies!'

2 comments:

Fancylooks said...

Congratulations on your 4,000 suscribers, you are soooo good at your tutorial your channel deserves amuch as the main gurus in Youtube.

Miss CherryBubbles said...

Congratulations on reaching 4,000 subscribers!

Just wanted to say that I found your youtube videos only recently, but have been enjoying them very much. In fact, so much so that in a recent blog post about vintage/retro hair favorites I simply had to put you at the top of the list :)

Keep up the fantastic work!

Post a Comment